Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I don't know what to name this post...Fall is coming! Hold On To Your Shorts!

I hate that it's been so long since my last post. I get it in my head that I want to do this often, like weekly or even more often than that..I even have a list on my phone of ideas for blogpost..."note to self...write about____" those usually come to me in the middle of the grocery store or after buckling in a sticky kid in the car...(never while I'm driving...ha).

But alas, it still happens. Life happens and I forget to put those thoughts down.

This is what's been happening though, in the last month or so. I figure now is as good a time as any to jot it down so I can at least say that I did it. written documentation!!

With fall approaching, I sense my calendar is beginning to stretch in anticipation of filling up. So I make some serious decisions.
1) I will get up early, have my time with God and that half hour (minimum) to wake up and accept the new day before my three little darlings come down the stairs ready to roll with their breakfast requests and cartoons. It's amazing what that time in the morning does for me.

2) I will (despite my inner objections) home school for preschool. there are a lot of reasons I don't really want to do it, but the non stop asking from my 4 year old of when school starts and "do I get to ride the school bus this year????" trumps my "I don't have the self motivation/time/discipline to do this" argh...so with a little bit of an eyeroll, I am caving and doing it. Thank goodness next year she starts Kindergarten! then all her little school bus riding, backpack toting, dreams come true! My goal is having this homeschooling schedule will help us NOT over-commit (like we did last year). that is my HOPE anyway. It will also add a little bit of structure to our home-time so they are not in front of the TV (and I am not in front of the computer) for hours. Yes that happens. I don't like it. So I'm changing it.

Our first day of "school" was yesterday. I thought it fitting to start when the rest of the county starts and we'll probably follow somewhat of the same schedule..when the schools are closed for fall, winter and spring breaks, we'll take ours too.  Our official days are Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9:30-12.

So far so good, but lets see if Mommy can be disciplined enough to keep it going this year. It's been one whole day after all :)

3) I will take photography more seriously. I love taking pictures (ironically enough, I don't have an image to go with this post...) and I am involved in Help-Portrait this year, and am making it a personal goal to be ready for my own station this year. I want to be able to set up the equipment and be comfortable and confident enough to take some awesome pictures. My plan is to be as involved as I can with photo-learning opportunities. This is where having friends in the business is so amazing. I get to jump in and learn. I had a great opportunity to do that at Kliiq this weekend and was so in my element! I didn't want to leave! for being a long day, it went by so fast! 

That's about it for now. I am hoping to get some blogging in among all of this "organized chaos" but who knows. Life may just happen again, and I might be busy enjoying it and forget to write it down! I hope not.


No comments:

Post a Comment