Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"A Loud and cheerful greeting early in the morning will be taken as a curse!"


So getting up early has been great! Now that I'm adjusted and found my wake up time...I am doing well. I get up at 6:30, shuffle to the kitchen, throw on the coffee and sit with my bible and devotional book. I don't move until little feet pitter patter down the stairs asking for "shlokit milk" or "butter bread". I also taught them to read a clock...or the first number anyway. They can come down when that first number is a seven...or an eight.
 






I won't lie, the first few weeks of that were terrible. I slithered down the stairs, hair a mess, grouchy as all get out. I didn't speak on word to Adam just kind of grunted and glared. After about a week of that, he started getting ready in the basement and taking breakfast with him to work...I think I scared him off.







 





I have gotten nicer though. We actually say "Good Morning" and even throw a smooch in there as we get ready for our day. He's also eating at home again. I think the morning monster isn't so scary after all... she's adjusted, making her a little friendlier.









 
 As for bible studies..I started with reading everything I could get my hands on. I get a daily devotional from Proverbs 31 Ministries (highly recommend), had a devotional book I borrowed from a friend, a new one I bought at a conference and the good ole B-I-B-L-E. I was set! (and clearly spiritually hungry). Now that I'm settled into this new routine, I've dialed back a little bit and am reading through Proverbs this month. A chapter a day. It's been pretty good! I am also reading through 1st and 2nd Samuel (Story of David) which has been reading like a really good book. I totally get sucked in!
I'm looking forward to Connections starting so that I can use this time for this years study! NO EXCUSES NOW! I have made time for the study and I'm going to really get into it this year! (I don't even know what it's about yet!)

The title of this post, by the way is Proverbs 27:14.  See? See? Mornings! yuck!

I also find verses 15 and 16 quite funny, but you'll have to seek those out yourself :)

Good Morning!!







No comments:

Post a Comment